Full or part re-wires
We are able to offer you a complete, or part, rewiring service for all types of domestic properties, including kitchen and bathroom, new build and conversion rewiring.
All cables, switches and sockets deteriorate with years of use and misuse and often need to be renewed due to normal wear and tear. All our new rewiring installations will be monitored regularly against the Electrical Regulations stipulations.
Often, older electrical wiring does not support the level of electrical equipment that a household has these days.
Our re-wires ensure your home or business meets the demands of modern day appliances.
Some reasons to rewire your property include:
- Wall mounted light switches in bathrooms.
- Round pin sockets and light switches, sockets mounted in skirting boards, black switches, braided flex cable.
- Cables coated in black rubber, cables coated in fabric or lead.
- Fuse box which has a wooden back or even a mixture of circuit boxes throughout the house
- If your fuses are constantly blowing
- If there are earth wires missing from switches and sockets
- If any of the above are present within your property we would recommend that your current wiring system needs modernising.
Will I be left without electricity?
We will ensure that you have electricity throughout, you will not be left without power overnight, fridges, freezers, aquariums etc will be protected at all times whilst the work is being carried out.
What is involved in the work?
We will replace all of your existing sockets, light pendants, cabling and consumer unit (fuse
box), however, each installation does vary. At the point of a site survey, we will let you know exactly what will need replacing.
What Type of Consumer Unit (fuse box) will be fitted?
We will supply you with a user-friendly consumer unit which is fitted with a series of circuit
breakers. This is controlled by a Residual Current Device (RCD). This is a standard installation which will protect against electrical shocks. If some of your household appliances trip when the new Consumer Unit has been fitted, we will test your appliances as part of the job.
How long will the Work take to Complete?
As a guideline a rewire for a three bedroom home normally takes up to one week. However, this is dependent upon the works to be carried out on each project.
The rewiring procedure itself is structured in this manner –
- Isolation of all old electrics from main supply
- Old fixtures, cabling and fittings are removed
- Installation of temporary power supply for all tools and batteries for our NICEIC-approved engineers
- Create cable routes and raggling any concrete walls where necessary. Using the latest industry technology (Combined dust extractor and raggling machine) – CGH can reduce dust-levels in your property substantially.
- Start wiring new installation, utilising clipping cables on the cable routes created by our team
- Smooth over cabling routes with plaster if necessary – it’s like we were never here!
- Dead-testing is performed to make sure our newly-installed cabling is safe
- Initialise sockets, consumer unit and light switches at new or existing locations
- After an extensive safety-check, our team energise the new installation
- Finally – Live testing is performed, before our team commission and issue you with our certification and 5 year NICEIC guarantee
- Ensure you’re completely satisfied with our work and practices
- Clear up any mess that wasn’t removed during the process